I promise to try harder in future. Anyway...
Another order placed!
This morning I ordered my Joystick and buttons set from Ultracabs.
Whilst browsing the site I saw the cheap little amp and remembered that I have an old pair of speakers, they give great sound and are the perfect size.
The amp requires a 12v power supply but I have a whole bunch of those in a box in the attic, I'm sure I can cannibalise something. This replaces the powered speakers I was going to buy. It's not only cheaper but I'm sure the sound quality will be far superior too - and buying it from the same place as the other stuff has saved me shipping. So it's Win-win-win.
I also ordered a additional single black button for 'Coin'.
As I won't be using the Player Two start button I shouldn't need any extra wiring.
If I have enough wires for both I might install the 2P button tucked away down the side.
As the base unit will be a full function PC I'll be able to have bluetooth controllers hooked up should the need for multiplayer arise.
Last night (Technically early this morning) I finished the mammoth task of playing every game too.
About 1300 have made the first cut, meaning I've deleted over 7500 roms - and I still have a little weeding to do. Ideally I'd like to get it down to an even thousand.
So everything is coming together - now if only I didn't have to wait until the end of November for that PC I could start building the damn thing...
Total Budget: £50
USB Encoder £10.18
Single Button £1.19
Remaining Project Fund: £14.15
Not a lot of cash left - especially considering I've earmarked £9.99 for the filler I'll need to finish the wood... doesn't leave much room for movement.